They have a nice place near DTLA. Now the parking sucks but seeing as its LA thats a given near downtown. Inside its really open clean and simple with the layout. I got excited and didn't notice the salsa bar in the corner its a good one so don't miss out. Mexicali has a small menu. They really focus on a core menu that has only three meats. I got pastor (marinated pork thats spit cooked and then cooked on a flattop grill) now sometimes this taco is served with pineapple....which isn't my favorite preparation but Mexicali killed it. Truly one of the best pastor tacos I have ever had. Their Zuperman is kinda like a quesadilla but its meat focused instead of cheese and it includes all three meats they serve. Needless to say it was a meaty masterpiece. While waiting for my food I learned all their tortillas are flour (if you aren't a taco person thats pretty unique) and they import them from Mexico regularly. Besides Juan's Restaurante in Baldwin Park they serve the most innovative Agua Fresca's I have seen. I am getting hungry just typing this.
![]() |
| Pastor taco. Really one of the best I have ever had. |
![]() |
| Barley Agua Fresca. I wasnt sure about this but it was pretty good a little like horchata |
![]() |
| Food blogger Golden State Gourmaud. Mexican food expert. |
![]() |
| The Zuperman. Think super meaty quesadilla with three meats |
![]() |
| The owner. The guy can cook. |
![]() |
| Blueberry/Jamaica Agua Fresca. I dont like Jamaica much so this surprised me liking it. |
![]() |
| Agua Frescas |













No comments:
Post a Comment